Inspiring Great Habits That Can Last a Lifetime
As your child progresses in school, homework assignments get tougher and workloads get bigger. (Have you noticed your child’s “to do” list is starting to rival your own?) Thankfully, you aren’t alone in this journey. Through our study skills program, you can help your child take on these challenges with confidence and ease.
Our study skills program is designed to help kids build great habits that can last a lifetime. Our tutors teach your child useful study tips and strategies — from time management, to self-reliance, to test-taking techniques — to make schoolwork feel manageable and to help your child approach every challenge with a positive attitude.
Examples of the study skills your child will learn
Every child has unique study needs, whether your family is focused on turning B’s into A’s or frustration into confidence. Some kids can benefit from tips to better manage their time and focus on homework. Others need study tips to effectively take tests. And yet others need help managing advanced coursework as they prepare for college.
With our study skills program, your child gets the individual help he or she needs at the personal pace that works best. Tailored to your child’s grade level and schoolwork, our study skills program teaches children how to:
- Become independent learners
- Get organized and manage their time (from how to prioritize and complete homework on time, to how to split big projects into manageable pieces).
- Confidently prepare for and take tests with minimal stress and anxiety.
- Create a personal study routine
- Use study tools, such as flash cards and color-coding, for better comprehension.
- Read for understanding.
- Follow detailed instructions for assignments to get things right the first time.
- Apply study tips for other subjects.
- Take effective notes.
- Research and write papers.
- And more!
What to expect from our study skills program
Our tutoring experts will:
- Instill life-long study skills in your child that will pay dividends far beyond school.
- Share effective study tips that will make homework assignments, school projects and big tests much more manageable.
- Reinforce positive behaviors and attitudes. Our tutors are experts at motivating and recognizing children for every skill learned, building your child’s confidence.
- Collaborate with your child’s teacher at school, ensuring that the study skills your child is learning at Sylvan make a positive impact in the classroom.
- Give your family convenient scheduling options.